In Clash of Clans, Balloon attack is an entertaining & booming strategy that works with low trophies as well as 3200+ trophies. Balloons are “promoted” CoC Wall Breakers that now assault from a hot air balloon. CoC Balloons attack from air to land. They work best when your ground troops take on air defenses. They attack the defense buildings at first. After destruction of air defenses Balloons can destroy all other defensive buildings base. See here all other Clash of Clans Characters.
Detail of CoC Balloons
- Balloons are the 6th troop in the Elixir Barracks.
- Balloons are the first air troop unlocked in the game.
- Balloon crash bombs on the villages with a huge area splash damage.
- Balloons “drift around” slightly while they are attacking.
- Balloons are slow moving air troops that do shattering amounts of splash damage to ground targets.
- They are the slowest moving and attacking units in the game.
- Balloons drop to the ground then blast, dealing extra damage when destroyed.
- Priority : defensive structures
- Once all defensive buildings are destroyed, Balloons become like other troops with no favourite targets and will attack the nearest building or enemy unit.
Tune to the Free Beginners Guide to Clash of Clans Game
Clash of Clans Balloon Levels
At level 3, Balloon has wooden armour attached to the sides of the cover underneath its rigging.
At level 5, Balloon’s basket gets golden spikes attached to its side and the bombs it drops get converted into golden in colour.
At level 6, Balloon’s red wrapper turns to black with a white skull on it.
At level 7, Balloon’s steel armour gets plated with golden spikes and the bombs it drops looks similar to level 5 and 6 Bombs.
Know the friendly Clash of Clans Base Builder
Attack Strategy of Clash of Clans Balloons
- Because of their power and price, Balloons are used in lots of attack strategies such as Lavaloonion, LaBaGo, HoLoWiWi, etc
- One way to use Balloons is to destroy all aerial defence buildings like Air Sweeper, Archer Towers, Wizard Towers, etc before deploying them. It takes a bit of patience but pays off at the end.
- When raiding, time is limited, make sure to take out all the defensive buildings that can target Air Troops (e.g. Archer Towers, X-Bows and Air Sweeper) quickly so you can gather up the raid.
- Groups of three Balloons or more (Depends on level) can usually crush an Archer Tower.
- Another way to use them is by dropping a Dragon or a Lava Hound near an Air Defence before deploying Balloons can shield them from being attacked.
- Isn’t recommended to send Balloons after Air Defences for long distance as they will be shot down quickly.
- Balloon’s damage is excellent
- Use rage spell or haste spell to speed them up.
- Beware of Air Defence, Wizard Towers and Air Sweeper, as they can cause huge damage before being destroyed.
- Destroy the Air Defences as soon as possible, as their one and only purpose is to destroy air units.
- You should also try to lure out their clan castle before attacking.
Learn the basics of CoC Clan War Strategy
Defensive Strategy of Balloons CoC
- Keep on upgrading Air Defences & Air Sweepers.
- Balloons are good defending units as they can take heroes & other troops very quickly.
- At lower levels, the Balloon has such low Hit Point that it is at risk of being taken down by two Air Bombs.
- In Order to kill Balloons upgrade and place air bombs and mines in groups.
- Always keep few wizards or minions with a dragon or a hound in your clan castle.